Tuesday 15 November 2016

My Haul from Sephora: Shu Uemura Skin Purifier-Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I

Let say we’re moving to the Mars and each of us can carry only two skin care products along, what will be the skin care products that you will choose? Without a second thought, I have my answer on my mind: sunblock and cleanser. These are the two skin care steps that I will never ever skip no matter how busy I am, how bad my day is and how badly I want to rest on my bed. I always believe that thorough cleansing is the first and most important step to keep your skin healthy and hence, keep it youthful, supple and glowing. I adapted double cleansing step since I was 11, thanks to my mum’s persistence and insistence in educating me with the correct skin care knowledge. I don’t mind using average hair care or body care products but I will never compromise on skin care and make up products. I’m never a fans of cleansing oil because I feel that they are greasy and I’m afraid that they might break my skin out. Pimples and acnes are undoubtedly the last thing that I want to see on my face, god knows how much efforts I have put in to keep my skin clear and fresh! 


But…Yes, there is a but. Thing is different when it comes to Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. I have heard so many positive reviews on Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, or I should say nearly everyone who has tried it before swear by it. Hmm Hmm, maybe I shouldn’t be so conservative in trying out new skin care products? This thought has always been floating on my mind whenever I pass by Shu Uemura store but I have never put it into action. Don’t ask me why. So one fine day, I finally had that impulse to get myself a bottle of Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. I logged on to Sephora website and checked out with two bottles of Shu Uemura Skin Purifier-Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I.


Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil is well known of its powerful cleansing capability. Not only that it can remove waterproof make up in a breeze, it can cleanse your pores thoroughly too. 




I love the lightly coloured cleansing oils especially when they are nicely arranged in a row on shelves. Each of the colours serves for a different purpose:  Blue for whitening; Orange for sensitive skin; Yellow for all skin conditions; Pink for pore concerns; Light green for aging concern and Dark green for anti-oxidants and pollutants. I picked orange without hesitation since I have sensitive skin type. 



I tried the product on my skin with daily make up on and I was blown away. It was so clean and yet, the product didn’t strip the moisture out from my skin due to its oil based nature. I can just do a simple review by using the cleansing oil to remove make up on my face but I thought my readers might want to see something more detailed. So I decided to put on some stubborn make up on my arm and see how Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil does the magic on them.


I carefully handpicked a few stubborn make up that really stays on my skin/lashes. I always have a hard time in removing these make up because they are so long lasting that they just don’t go off.


From Left to Right: MAC Opulash Mascara Black, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color, Nano White CC Infinity Cream, Shu Uemura 6 Princess by Takashi Murakami Lip & Cheek Stain (Dream Pink), MAC Cremesheen Glass (Right Up My Alley).


When I dripped the cleansing oil onto my arm, it spread out instantly and blended with the make up on my skin. You can actually see how the BB cream and lip & cheek tint being dissolved and lifted up. Mind you, I have not done any rubbing or massaging action yet! I was really amazed with the immediate reaction between the oil and the make up, not mentioning that I rank these make up products as “stubborn-and-super-hard-to-remove”. Mascara and matte lipstick on the left remained intact and was not dissolved though.


Things are getting more exciting now, I can’t wait to know how efficient Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil can perform in melting these waterproof make up away. I left the cleansing oil on my arm for one minute and scrutinized the make up because I was curious to know how far the cleansing oil can go and you can see the result in the photo above. BB cream, lip & cheek tint and MAC Cremesheen are in a mess now, they’re basically melted away and dissolved by the oil. It’s very clear that both of the make up has been lifted from my skin. I’m not sure if “lifting” is an appropriate term to use here but look, the BB cream and lip & cheek tint are somehow “floating” on a thin layer of oil, which means the cleansing oil has broken the make up molecules and made their way down to the pores. For your information, the BB cream tends to stuck in my pores that I always pick up the residual BB cream when I’m toning using a cotton pad. And now Shu Uemura broke it down effortlessly, I’m impressed! 


I was quite skeptical on the oil’s ability in dissolving mascara and matte lipsticks since they seem to remain unaffected by the cleansing oil flowing over them (without rubbing or massaging). Next, I gently massaged my arm and spread the oil evenly on the skin. As soon as I reached to the mascara and matte lipsticks, both of them were removed in a single rub, without leaving any trace or residue behind, I was like “Wow!” Literally a magic oil I tell you. 


Now the make up is all dissolved by the cleansing oil but there is another important step following up: Emulsification. The entire cleansing process is incomplete without this final step. I added some water to the skin and continued massaging it in circular motion. You can see from the photo above that the mixture turned milky and that means the oil has been emulsified. This is the important step to remove oil from the pores. Oh did I mention that double cleansing is unnecessary when you are using Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil? 


After a good massage of 3 minutes, I washed my arm and tada! It’s all cleaned! My skin feels supple, soft and hydrated. I especially love how the oil nourished and moisture my skin! I have been using it for a week and now I understand why everyone is raving about it, because it really works. Other than being a make up remover and cleanser, I personally think that it serves as a skin care to me. My skin feels unprecedentedly soft and supple ever since I added Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil into my skin care regime. I’m glad that I tried it because it broke my myth on believing that cleansing oil will clog pores and break skin out. In contrast, it actually unclogged my pores! 


In brief, this cult product does live up to its name and it definitely will become another staple skin care of mine. If I were to find cons about this product, I would say it’s not so wallet-friendly. Oh well, I can always find excuses to buy them as gift to myself hehe!  Christmas is just around the corner so do you want to pamper yourself with this magic oil too? You can always shop Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil here



Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...